- Prof. Sofiène Affes, INRS-EMT.
- Prof. Jacob Benesty, INRS-EMT.
Biography: Mehrez Souden was born in Gafsa, Tunisia in 1980. He received the Diplôme d'Ingénieur from the Ecole Polytechnique de Tunisie (Tunisia Polytechnic School) in 2004 and the M.Sc. degree from the Institut National de la Recherche Scientifique, Énergie Matériaux et Télécommunications (INRS-EMT) in 2006. He is currently a Ph.D. candidate at the INRS-EMT. His research experience includes internships at OMNIACOM, Tunisia in 2003 and at the LACIME laboratory, École de Technology Supérieure (ETS), Montréal, Québec, Canada in 2004. His research interests are in the field of signal processing with applications to digital communications and acoustics with special focus on blind source separation, source localization, beamforming, and noise reduction.
- Alexander-Graham-Bell Canada graduate scholarship (CGS) from NSERC (2008/2010).
- Excellence Grant from the Tunisian Government (2007/2009).
- Excellence Grant from the Tunisian Government (2005/2006).
Research topic: Optimal microphone array processing for noise reduction and acoustic source localization
Research summary: Not available.